Monday 23 January 2012

Music Monday

'ello all my music lovers out there! That has to be the cheeriest I have sounded all day :/ It unfortunately has been somewhat of a shitty day (pardon my French) and all I want to do right now is cry my eyes out... BUT! I am working through it by jamming out to an AOL radio thingy that is playing Feel Good Drag by Anberlin, and I have to say, Anberlin is AWESOME! Just the perfect mix of emo/ screamo and rock.
    I go through these phases where I do not listen to music at all, well not at all but I rarely listen to my MP3 Player or the radio unless I'm in the car with my parental units and then it's usual country or like oldies... well not oldies but like old Elton John. If you live in the Tampa area and listen to the station "The Eagle" then you know what I am talking about.
   Anyway! Back on topic, teehee. I had been going through one of my music fade out phases and I do not know why I ever did that to myself! Music is the perfect way to just really connect with your emotions and whatever it is that you are feeling at that moment. We've all felt it too, whenever you're just having a bad day and a song comes on and it's like, LIGHT BULB! That's exactly how I feel! Or just gives you the perfect song to just hand bang to or dance around all crazy. I have had that epiphany moment so many times when it comes to music it's not even funny, ok maybe it is a little. :)
    I have heard a song before that just so perfectly fits my life at that moment it is somewhat scary. Take Taylor Swift's song "Ours". I feel like that perfectly fits my relationship with my boyfriend because it just seems to chronicle our relationship. People judging our relationship, thinking they know best but my choice is him... So... the moral of today's post: Music is AMAZING! Never live your life without it and branch out to other genres or artists and you may find a song that becomes your anthem in life. Like Katy Perry said, "Baby you're a firework... it's always been inside of you and now it's time to let it through."

Taylor Swift's "Ours"
Elevator buttons and morning air
Stranger's silence makes me wanna take the stairs
If you were here, we'd laugh about their vacant stares
But right now, my time is theirs

Seems like there's always someone who disapproves
They'll judge it like they know about me and you
And the verdict comes from those with nothing else to do
The jury's out, but my choice is you

So don't you worry your pretty little mind
People throw rocks at things that shine
And life makes love look hard
The stakes are high, the water's rough, but this love is ours


You never know what people have up their sleeves
Ghosts from your past gonna jump out at me
Lurking in the shadows with their lip gloss smiles
But I don't care 'cause right now you're mine

And you'll say don't you worry your pretty little mind
People throw rocks at things that shine
And life makes love look hard
The stakes are high, the water's rough, but this love is ours

And it's not theirs to speculate if it's wrong and
Your hands are tough but they are where mine belong in
I'll fight their doubt and give you faith with this song for you


'Cause I love the gap between your teeth
And I love the riddles that you speak
And any snide remarks from my father about your tattoos will be ignored
'Cause my heart is yours

So don't you worry your pretty little mind
People throw rocks at things that shine
And life makes love look hard

And don't you worry your pretty little mind
People throw rocks at things that shine
But they can't take what's ours, they can't take what's ours
The stakes are high, the water's rough, but this love is ours

 Please never forget that this life is your journey, and your journey alone. Don't try to follow another person's path in life. This life is yours and no one else's, don't let someone else try to tell you how to live your life. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment