Thursday 9 August 2012

I suck a blogging...

Title kind of says it all, does not it? Well time to get into my slight laundry list of  reasons why I have not been blogging like I said I would:
1.) Sister caused a bunch of drama while she was here so I just did not have the energy to sit down and pen all the things going on... just way too much!
2.) I spend a lot of time helping with my dad's medical stuff: appointments, prescription advocate groups, getting scripts written, having him go get blood work and other tests done.
3.) Main reason, I am absolutely lazy.... yeah that pretty much sums it up.
   Just thought of this one:
4.) Really have nothing too exciting to blog about so I need to change that!

So this is how I plan to change that: I am going to start blogging about my weight loss journey... or what I hope to be a journey and not just a huge flop on my part. I really do want to lose weight, in a healthy way, so maybe if I force myself to report to something then I will feel more obligated to actually stick to it. I am also going to tell my mom about this blog so hopefully she will help keep me on track and maybe make on of her own so we can really start to do a buddy system.

 Now for the facts about me.... I'm 21 years old, 5'6", and weigh 240.8 pounds (a lot I know!), my BMI (Body Mass Index) is (according to the CDC website) is 38.9 which makes me obese. Honestly, I am quite ashamed of myself that I let myself get this bad, isn't that what we all think when we find out that we are seriously overweight? A "normal" weight for someone my height is between 115-154 pounds. Now I do not necessarily agree with that, one reason is because of my body structure, I don't think that I would look right at 154 pounds, I have broad shoulders and people with broad shoulders who are kinda skinny/thin, whatever word you want to use, usually look kind of odd.
   My currently goal is to loose 40 pounds, that will bring me down to about 200 pounds, it is still a lot but for me it is a good goal. I do not want to start with a goal of like 100 pounds or something that I feel I could not attain; ideally I should loose 86 pounds but lets start with half that, shall we?
   The goals I am setting for myself to do on a daily basis is:
  •  to walk between 1 and 2 miles a day, this should be easy since it will also help exercise my dog and I live about 2 blocks from a park with a track (lets just hope the Florida heat doesn't beat me down!)
  • I'm going to listen to the Mayo Clinic on this one, they say an "adequate" amount of water for a woman to drink is 2.2 liters or 9 cups, Mayo Clinic water consumption . If you live where it is hot and humid, this is the best thing for you to do anyway so two for one! lol
  • one thing I will not do is tell myself that I cannot have something, I think putting restrictions on what you can and cannot have is just setting you up for failure. So instead what I am going to do is keep a food journal of all the things that I eat and drink, that way I am held accountable for what I put into my body
  • I love to cook, so obviously I love food (mostly sweets!) with that said, I am going to try and find ways to make what my family and I eat healthier. Like less butter, more olive oil, more veggies, healthier versions of desserts that we like. If I find a recipe I like then I will definitely share it with you!
  • Last thing I am going to do is to post on here every day about how much I exercised, what I ate, how much I drank and what I drank, with weekly weigh ins. Since this is starting on a Friday my weigh in day will always be Fridays and I shall try and find a nice catchy title for each update.
This seems like such a daunting task but I am done with being over weight and unhappy with myself. It's time that I started to really try and change myself before it is too late and I have too many health problems. Wish me luck everyone! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment